Coaches will closely examine ethical guidelines from the Center for Credentialing & Education and the International Coaching Federation, exploring scenarios where ethical considerations must occur. Through facilitated conversation, coaches will explore standards for professional coaching, strategies for managing the client/coach relationship, and avenues for continued professional development as a coaching practitioner. Topics of discussion include unconscious bias, the coaching process, ethics in coaching, coaching agreements, and confidentiality in coaching.
Course Content Areas:
- The BCC Code of Ethics and expectation for adherence,
- Outlets for continued development,
- Best practices for informing clients of ethical and legal aspects of coaching, and
- Benefits of professional collaboration for support and leadership.
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Describe ethical guidelines, standards, and policies related to ethical coaching practices;
- Identify strategies that contribute to establishing trust using ethical standards as a foundation for relationship management;
- Explain confidentiality aspects within the coaching process; and
- Examine methods and resources for continual professional development.