This course provides coaching strategies and best practices to establish and conduct effective and ethical coaching sessions for clients. Attendees will learn strategies and skills to create an environment that supports mutual respect and learn methods to communicate effectively during a coaching session. Attendees will use empowerment and positive reinforcement to create a coaching alliance and contribute to a practice.
Course Content Areas:
- Coaching process;
- Frameworks for developing the coaching plan including appreciative inquiry, solution focused, and reframing;
- Basic understanding of positive psychology and coaching;
- Awareness of coachee population, diversity, and communication skills;
- Accountability plan;
- How to analyze client feedback regarding effectiveness of coaching and goal attainment; and Timeline for coaching services and establish a comprehensive plan.
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Integrate coaching theories and strategies into various models of coaching;
- Learn the various modalities of coaching and services, and how to use technology for virtual appointments or in-person coaching services;
- Explore in practice management the importance of self-assessment as a coach, identifying one’s strengths, limits, and development gaps as a coach; and
- Understand personal barriers that could impact effectiveness of coaching, and the importance of coach-related research to strengthen the practice will be explored as well.