NACE Coaching Certification Program: Program Brochures
The NACE Coaching Certification Program (CCP) is a training program designed for career services professionals wishing to demonstrate their success as career coaches using proven ethical and professional standards in their pursuit of the Board Certified Coach (BCC) credential offered through the Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc. (CCE).
Which Coaching Certification Program is right for you?
30-Hour Coaching Certification Program
30-Hour Coaching Certification Program candidates must meet these prerequisites to sit for certification exam through the CCE:
- Have obtained a master’s degree or higher in counseling and have 30 hours of coaching experience; or
- Have obtained a master’s degree or higher, hold the National Certified Counselor credential or full professional counseling licensure, and have 30 hours of coaching experience; or
- Have obtained a doctoral degree or higher in Social or Behavioral Sciences and have 30 hours of coaching experience; or
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in any field/concentration and have 2,500 hours of coach experience over a period of five years or more.
60-Hour Coaching Certification Program
60-Hour Coaching Certification Program candidates must meet these prerequisites to sit for certification exam through the CCE:
- Have obtained a master’s degree or higher in Social or Behavior Sciences*;
- Have completed of a minimum of 60 hours of professional coach training; and
- Have obtained 30 hours of post-degree coaching experience working with individuals, groups, or organizations.
*Automatically accepted fields are business, management, social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, medicine, health and wellness, education, and law. Other related fields will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Does NACE Have Other Coaching Resources?
Brain-Based Career Development Theory
Developed at Ohio University, brain-based career development (BBCD) is based on cutting-edge neuropsychological research and supports career coaching. New research has led to a second edition of this monograph.
This newly expanded monograph provides insights into the brain’s biological limits and the impact this has on the career development process.
Through this monograph, you will gain:
- Strategies and techniques to enhance your existing coaching services.
- A better understanding of neuroscience and how that impacts coaching methods.
- Powerful questions to use in coaching sessions, plus case studies and samples.